Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Ronan Keating and German Genis joined The One Show permanently.


Ronan Keating and German Genis joined the One Show


 

Moving to the top Storey of the day after her breakthrough role in Queen and Slim Jodie Turner Smith is taking on her next major challenge, playing a military officer opposite Michael B Jordan and Without Remorse and a condemned Queen in upcoming series and Bullet to discuss this further, we have David Wooldridge who is a video events and. Radio presenter based in UK. David, welcome to the show. I affect add me and then we have Jamie Lowe who is a broadcaster and list Anna Podcast host Jamie Welcome. Good to see you again Machine so David, how do you see this character development which is enormous? You know from a female Navy SEAL to a condemned Queen, two different movies having very different storylines. One actor and you know she's giving her best your thoughts on Jodie's Versatility. You know what? It's two very different roles, but two very similar characteristics at both 2 very powerful passionate roles. Actually, breaking barriers. Is that the way to describe both these roles with the way that she portrays herself, whilst showing two different disciplines? There's a constant narrative between the two. Right and Jamie? How do you see this coming? I'd echo what David said there I put I think. Also, it's important to see someone like Jodie who's you know, got this response from the potential audiences of these two pieces of need yet to be in a consistently controversial role giving. A great performance but also telling us something about the audiences with the response. She's getting to both of those worlds, right? And David, you have noticed that Tom Clancy's work is not very easy to defect. It's not very easy to you know. Turn it into films. But there is a new trend. You know every other. Producer, every other film maker is opting to turn Tom Clancy's work into a film. So, what are your expectations from this movie so far? You know what? I think it's people like taking on Tom Clancy's work as a challenge, isn't it? But it's also fun, you know, an it's always going to start conversations like we're having today for Jodie as well. I think that's the whole essence of the role, isn't it? Is that you're taking on something that isn't going to be easy. It is going to be a challenge, but you were going to reap the rewards from that, not only for your own personal self, which I'm sure Jodie is. But also, from a talent perspective as well a Jamie. What are your expectations saying that justice will be done with Tom Clancy's work this time? I hope so it and you know what? Jones had a whirlwind few years. You know she's exploded onto the scene; you know next to Daniel Kalaya in her very first film Queen and Slim and now taking on these two roles and you've got to remember she was actually, you know, pregnant when she was filming. The Jack Clancy film. You know, Jack Hunt inspired film and you know that effective how she did some of the stunts I was reading that you know she couldn't usury breather for the underwater stunts so she had to end. Think that this was I got stepping like way to further than her capacity being pregnant and then. You know, getting trained as a Navy SEAL? I, I think it's tells us she's up for a challenge and you know we are just, I think just seeing the first female Navy seals. Anyway, you know add, I think they're very close to either passing out or maybe they've got there already. I'm unsure, but you know this this is, you know where we are right on the nose with how history is developing right now. And let's face it, it probably isn't very easy to be to become a Navy SEAL. I definitely probably wouldn't make it through the training process, so fair play to Jody for doing a bit whilst pregnant. Right, so there's a. There's one thing that is felt a lot these days, especially when there when we talk about Netflix movies or you know, movies being made in Hollywood in the name of diversity and change. Of course, they say that it has got nothing to do with the blackness of the. For the character, but again we see diversity being included in every other movie. So, David, what do you think it is being overdone? Or do you still think that it's being done because it is still necessary and we do see a lot of space? A lot of room, a lot of work to be done in order to, you know. Make diversity look more comfortable and normal. I mean, you can't get more done. The centre pregnant lady taking up Army Training company last. Be honest about that but no, I think there's a reason why we're seeing all these films right. And you know, for me I'm not bothered if sons black, white, pink, purple, it doesn't bother me, but it's one of those where you know there are barriers and unfortunately, you know I'm not about skin colour. To understand what that would. Maybe, but there is that it else wouldn't be having this conversation now. But also, I think it's for the benefit of the media industry as a whole. You know you look at something like Hamilton held successful, that is, and you know why? Can't why can't Jamie angle it? Let's take a different take on it. I'm looking forward to watch it on Channel 5, I think. It's a great step forward to allow that to happen, and I think that actually it is going to build new narratives from something that's been done again and again and again. You know, we see things like the Crown and all types of programmes it built around Roy List, let's say, but let's take a different take. Let's see what happens with it. Why not? And Jamie, your thoughts. Yes, so you know it's a three-part series that's going to be airing on Channel 5, the Amblin series. So, we're going to hopefully see at the changing discourse discussion about Jodie's role and that you know she told the press that her casting she feels like a casting has made people feel uncomfortable and, on an upset, and I think that unfortunately tells us a lot about. The British viewing public, or at least a portion of the vocal British viewing public. But you know Anne and Berlin in in Jodie's estimation, was a polarising roaming. Then we're seeing that with her casting, but you know, we are seeing like Davis said we are. We are seeing all one of the very few times a black actor portraying. A Royal so and an identical what David said. I'm very excited to see and you take on our stock received because I mean Amber Lynn Storey. It's sort of deeply built around misogyny. Henry the eighth. I believe it's a very misogynistic character and I I sense that that is partly also a slightly racist add for that's partly what. Inspiring face response from a certain amount of the British viewing public. Jamie, my next question is a bit on the realistic grounds. We have seen diversity happening. You know, in every other movie these days, but don't you think that the minority in every other Movies Now being saturated and at times it's overly done? Which is going to, you know, ****** work from potential? White actors what? What are your thoughts on this? Because we have been watching this happening lately. A lot of potential actors. They are, you know, not involved in a cast only because they're white. And you know, film makers were trying to be a little more sensitive towards diversity. So, do you think that's going to affect the career of potential white actors? Potentially, but you know, so why does that matter? So, what they're white person has to work a little harder for a roll. It's that the general direction is it is a positive one where this is going more diversity on the screen is what everybody should be demanding from. Hollywood juices, British producers, indie film makers. Sweet, that that's where it needs to go. The idea that it's going to ****** roll from white people is I. I think it's that a non-starter because if anything why people were snatching rolls from diverse actors in the 1st place, so a levelling of the playing field can only be a good thing in my estimation. Right, and David? What are your thoughts on this point? I mean, I completely echo though to be honest. I mean, I think that there's plenty enough work to go round. There's plenty of creative people Hollywood. There's plenty of films and plenty of Theatre. I mean to say that it's going to ****** roles from someone else, I think is, as Jamie said, the complete nonstarter for this subject. To be honest. And what are your expectations from? Both the movies that are being created from production value. I think with Amber Lynn. I'm really looking forward to the production value of that because let's face it, something like I'll go back to the Crown again. That has set the bar for what is expected from some kind of immediate production of that genre. But then, on the flipside, you look at something at the. Tom Clancy's remake there and with Michael B Jordan, alongside are as well. I mean surely in terms of looks. Marie, that's already you just know what you're going to get from that. You get action thriller and you know it's going to be good, right? Yeah, and Jamie, what? What do you see coming from these two movies? What are your expectations? So, I'm going to sit down and watch. The Jack Classic car. Sorry I forget the title. And I'm going to enjoy that I Gotta sit down and I'm going to have a thrill ride out rebels, you know, an hour and a half, but with the Anberlin series I'm going to, I think we watching closely to the response. I'm going to be very interested in how the public received this, this TV show, and hopefully I'm going to be, I believe. I'm going to be watching it and I'm going to be feeling angry and very sad about the life that Amber Lynn led because of Henry the eighth. So, I think they're going to opposite ends of the spectrum. But I'll be interested to sit down and watch both of them or going through open right? So probably we're going to have to sit once again together for a review session once it's released. Absolutely right. OK, Jamie and David. Thank you very much indeed for your time. Thank you fabulous. That was Jamie Lowe and David Wooldridge, sharing their thoughts on two very different characters by Jodie Turner, now moving to the other Storey details of the day. Ronan Keating and Jermaine Jenness have been given permanent spots on The One Show Sofa officially being named Alex Jones Co-host. On the BBC programme Boyzone, Star Keating and former footballer Janice have been among the stand in hosts since Matt Baker left a year ago, Freeze Witherspoon shared her reflecting thoughts. After watching Britney's

Post a Comment

0 Comments